Joined MANAGE in April 2017. Working in Incubation Centre. Job responsibilities include develop and strengthen operations at MANAGE AC&ABC
Incubation Centre. Organising and implementing Incubation / Acceleration Programs to support agri-entrepreneurs at Incubation centre.
Provide handholding to entrepreneurs by facilitating business support services like infrastructure, capacity building, technical and
business mentoring, regulatory & advisory services, IP facilitation, networking, funding, etc. Facilitate Technology transfer to entrepreneurs.
- Ph.D. in Agribusiness Management from Department of Agricultural and Rural Development Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- MBA in Agribusiness Management from Institute of Agribusiness Management, Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari, Gujarat
- B.V.Sc & A.H from Nagpur Veterinary College, Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Capstone Project from University of California, Irvine, California, United States
- Certificate Course from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Course on Intellectual Property from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Academy, Geneva, Switzerland
- Maharashtra State Certificate in Information Technology (MS-CIT) from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai and Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited
- Diploma in Office Automation and Financial Accounting from Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC, GIST PACE), Pune
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research’s All India Competitive Examination for Senior Research Fellowship (Post Graduate Studies) – 2014 [ICAR’s AICE-SRF(PGS)-2014] qualified in the discipline Agricultural Business Management
- University Grand Commission’s National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) qualified in the subject of Management in October, 2013 and September, 2012
Previous Professional Experience
- Business Manager at ICAR- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad
- Senior Research Fellow at ICAR-Indian Agriculture Research Institute, Delhi
- Assistant Professor at K K W. College of Agriculture Business Management, Nashik affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krushi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri, Maharashtra
Articles in Journals
- Paramasivam, R., Raj, S. V., Shanmugam, T. R., Deshmukh, S. S., & Umanath, M. (2016). Decadal changes in rice cultivation in Tamil Nadu: resurvey approach. International Research Journal of Agricultural Economics and Statistics, 7(1), 95-99.
- Deshmukh, S. S. and Paramasivam, R. (2016). Forecasting of milk production in India with ARIMA and VAR time series models. Asian Journal of Dairy & Food Research, 35(1), 17-22.
- Deepa, N., Sivakumar, S. D., Deshmukh, S. S. and Malarkodi, M. (2016). Influence of Cash Conversion Cycle on Financial Performance of Coconut Oil Mills in Western Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 12(1), 143-150.
- Deshmukh, S.S., and Palanichamy, N.V. (2015). A Review on Backyard and Integrated Poultry Farming Systems, Trends in Biosciences, 8(12), 3018-3013.
- Deshmukh, S.S., Palanichamy, N.V. and Sivakumar, S.D. (2015). Supply Chain of Poultry Industry in India – The Structural Overview, Trends in Biosciences, 8(11), 2834-2837.
- Deshmukh, S. S. and Jadhav, K. P. (2015). Status, Growth, Problem and Prospects of Milk Industry in India. Trends in Biosciences, 8(4), 929-936.
- Deshmukh, S. S. (2015). A Study on Retail Industry with Respect to Customer Awareness and Satisfaction, Trends in Biosciences, 8(4), 937-942.
- Deshmukh, S. S. (2015). A Study on Consumer Buying Behavior in Superstores of Nagpur. Trends in Biosciences, 8(4), 943-947.
- Deshmukh, S.S., Deepa, N. and Shravanthi, A. R. (2013). E-CRM: An Ultimate Strategy for an Organization. International Journal of Management Research and Review, 3(3), 2557–2567.
- Deepa, N. and Deshmukh, S.S. (2013). Social Media Marketing: The Next Generation of Business. International Journal of Management Research and Review, 3(2), 2461–2468.
- Shravanthi, A. R., Deshmukh, S.S. and Deepa, N. (2013). Work Life Balance of Women in India. International Journal of Research in Management Sciences, 1(1), 83–92.
- Rewatkar, S. G., Deshmukh, S. S., Kumar Prem, G., Maske, D. K., and Bhangale, G. N. (2013). Occurrence of Gastrointestinal Helminths in rabbits with special Reference to Importance of Giardia spp. as Parasitic Zoonoses. Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal, 2(3), 142–143. (ISSN: 2226-7522)
- Rewatkar, S. G., Deshmukh, S. S., Deshkar, S. K., Maske, D. K., Jumde, P. D., and Bhangale, G. N. (2009). Gastrointestinal helminths in migratory Camel. Veterinary World, 2(7), 258. (ISSN 0972-8988)
- Shrikhande, G. B., Rewatkar, S. G., Deshmukh, S. S., Maske, D. K., and Raghorte, Y. M. (2009). The Incidence of Helminth Parasites in Donkeys. Veterinary World, 2(6), 224.
- Deshmukh, S. S., Rewatkar, S. G., Agrawal, A. M., Maske, D. K., Bhangale, G. N., and Shrikhande, G. B. (2009). Endoparasitism in Wild Animals in Captivity. Zoos Print, 24(8), 19. (ISSN 0971- 6378)
- Agrawal, A. M., Deshmukh, S. S., Rewatkar, S. G., Maske, D. K., Bhangale, G. N., and Shrikhande, G. B. (2008). Helminth Parasites in Elephants and Horses at Nagpur (Maharashtra). The Indian Journal of Field veterinarians, 4(2), 44. (ISSN 0973-3175) (NAAS rating – 4.47)
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Deshmukh, S.S. (2011). Vacuum freeze drying: A new dimensional approach for entrepreneurs. In International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The New Age Mantra (pp. 150–155). Excel India Publishers, New Delhi.
- N. Deepa and Deshmukh S.S. (2013). Social Entrepreneurship. In International Conference on Managing Change in Business and Economy, Pacific University.
- Deshmukh, S.S., Gadkari, L., and Shukla, R. (2012). Concept Testing of Vacuum Freeze Dried Snacks. LLA Academic Publishing Gmbh & Co. KG, Germany. (ISBN no. 978-3-659-16508-5)
- Deshmukh Sagar, Jadhav Kashmiri and Dhivyapriya D (2015) Status, Growth, Problems and Prospects of Silk Industry in India. Agrobios Newsletter. XIV (2):139-140.
- Dhivyapriya D., Jadhav Kashmiri and Deshmukh Sagar (2015) Agricultural Development and its Impact on Biodiversity. Agrobios Newsletter. XIV (1):104-105.
- R. Paramshivam, Deshmukh Sagar and T Mohanasundari (2015) Status of Pulses in India: Scope and Challenges. Agrobios Newsletter. XIV (1):136-137.
- Deshmukh Sagar (2011) Business Ethics: Matching action with words. AgriScape. 11-12.
- Deshmukh Sagar (2011) Poultry industry in India. AgriScape. 41-42.
- Life Member of Trends in Biosciences (Reg. No- 890-TIBS-G-2015)
- Member of International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (Membership Id- 24488)
- Member of Madras Agricultural Students Union, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Member of Bioinfo Publications, Mumbai (Membership Id - 9A23B2A3F5)
- “Pitch Day” on June 12, 2017 at MANAGE
- “Business Incubation Workshop” for agri-entrepreneurs from June 13-15, 2017
- “Comparative study of different Value Chain Models of Hariyali Kisan Bazar, Mahindra Shubh Labh, Aadhar and E-chaupal” presented at The 24th National Conference on Agricultural Marketing held at IABM, NAU, Navsari, Gujarat, India during November 23-25, 2010.(Got Prize)
- “Concept of Vacuum Freeze Dried Snacks” presented at The 24th National Conference on Agricultural Marketing held at IABM, NAU, Navsari, Gujarat, India during November 23-25, 2010.
- “Case writing Workshop” organised by Department of Agricultural and Rural Management, CARDS, TNAU, Coimbatore from 23rd to 25th January, 2014.
- “Motivational Entrepreneurial Training – INSPIRE” organised by Department of Livestock Business Management, Madras Veterinary College, TNVASU, Chennai on October 4th and 5th 2013.
- “Staff Development Programme” on “Biotechnological Interventions in Food Processing” sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi and organised by Department of Food Engineering and Technology, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab from 12th to 17th March, 2012
- “Commodity Future Market for Agricultural Universities” sponsored by Forward Market Commission, Mumbai and organised by Institute of Agribusiness Management Navsari in collaboration with National Multi-commodity Exchange of India Ltd., Ahmadabad on September 21st and 22nd 2010.
Conferences / Symposiums Attended
- National Seminar on “Doubling Food Production by 2050” jointly organized by TNAU, Coimbatore, State Planning Commission, Chennai and Agricultural Consultancy Management Foundation, Chennai on 23 and 24 January 2015 at Coimbatore.
- “International Conference on Managing Change in Business & Economy” held at Pacific University on 06-07 April 2013.
- International Conference on “Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The New Age Mantra” held at Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi on 05 February 2011.
- The “24th National Conference on Agricultural Marketing” held at IABM, NAU, Navsari, (GJ), India during November 23-25, 2010.
- “International Conference on Nanomaterials and Applications” (ICNAMA – 2008) held at Shivaji University, Kolhapur, (M.S.), India during December 9-11, 2008.
- The “18th International Symposium of Odonatology” held at Hislop College Nagpur, India during 5th – 9th November, 2008.
- International Symposium on “Food Safety, Quality Assurance & Global Trade: Concerns And Strategies” in collaboration with Michigan State University, USA on the occasion of VIIth Annual Conference of Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists, November 07 – 09, 2008.
- Alumni Meet and Symposium on “Recent Advances in Veterinary Sciences” held on 20th July, 2008 at Nagpur Veterinary College, Nagpur.
- National Symposium on “Zoonoses & Biotechnological Applications” organized by Department of Microbiology & Animal Biotechnology, Nagpur Veterinary College, Nagpur during 4th – 5th February, 2008.
Extra- Curricular Activities
- “Certificate of Merit” for innovative agribusiness idea in the “NAIP-Agribusiness Idol Camp” competition held on 7 May 2014 at Directorate of Agribusiness Development, TNAU, Coimbatore.
- “Convener” and “member of organizing committee” in the “2nd Agricultural Graduate Student Conference” held during 06-07 May, 2014 at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
Dr. Sagar Deshmukh, PhD
MANAGE AC&ABC Incubation Centre
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)
(An Organization of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India)
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad -500030