Scope of the Academy
The major responsibilities of the FPO Academy will, inter alia, cover –
- Capacity building of different stakeholders covering Board of Directors, CEOs, Bankers, CBBOs, officers from agriculture and line departments, recourses from NGO, Universities and other institutes included private sector.
- Undertake research on different aspects of promotion, formulation and strengthening of farmer-organisations
- Policy advocacy to the government based on the findings of research study and feedback received from the field.
- Evolving different methodology/ models to facilitate FPOs linking with emerging marketing channels and export markets
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories to different stakeholders. Academy will also imbibe good practices of FPOs in other countries and act as a repository of international knowledge
- Provide consultancy in different areas of farmer producer organisation